Body Shop Estimator
Job Title: Body Shop Estimator
Reports To: Service Manager
Job Summary – This position is responsible for Appraises vehicle damage to determine cost of repair for insurance claim settlement.
- Examines damaged vehicle to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical or interior damage.
- Estimates cost of labor and parts to repair or replace each damaged item.
- Reviews repair cost estimates with body shop manager or foreman.
- In the event of a disagreement with manager or foreman on repair cost, arranges to have damage appraised by another appraiser to resolve the situation.
- Determines feasibility of repair versus replacement of parts, such as bumpers, fenders and doors.
- Evaluates practicality of repair as opposed to payment of vehicle market value before accident.
- Determines salvage value on total vehicle loss.
- Prepares insurance forms to indicate repair cost estimates and recommendations.
- Estimates cost of repainting, converting to special purposes or customizing undamaged vehicles.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Excellent ability to read, comprehend, write, and speak English.
- Ability to perform intermediate math.
- Ability to handle cash and credit card transactions.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated within the framework of a team.
- Positive interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to display initiative, work with limited supervision and follow instructions within the framework of a team.
- Ability to timely multitask while working in a fast pace environment.
- Exhibit excellent attention to detail and commitment.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures and teams in a friendly, productive manner.
- Must be able to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer competency required at an intermediate level or higher.
- Strong knowledge of vehicle parts on all system and components in order to communicate with international suppliers and find new opportunities by spotting trends in the market.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
When starting with Car City as a Body Shop Estimator, you’ll start earning between CI$37,000.00 and CI$41,000.00 annually, plus benefits package. As you progress with the company within this role, opportunities for a pay increase will be determined through annual evaluations.